When you can't act for yourself

Author: External Author | | Categories: Law Firm

In extreme medical or psychological conditions, or if you're travelling or out of touch, you may not be able to make or communicate your decisions. You can name someone to make financial decisions for you when you can't do so yourself.

Each province and territory has its own rules for this kind of situation, and different names for the documents you use to authorize someone to act for you. For example, some provinces use a power of attorney for personal care or for property, some use a representation agreement and Quebec uses a mandate in case of incapacity.

Read More

Original Article Source Credits:   Government Of Canada , https://www.canada.ca/

Article Written By:  NA

Original Article Posted on:  2017-04-28

Link to Original Article:  https://www.canada.ca/en/financial-consumer-agency/services/financial-toolkit/financial-planning/financial-planning-4/6.html